Holeandcorner.com, the digital home of Hole & Corner, is looking for a smart and enthusiastic editorial intern to assist the online editorial team.
This is a monthlong placement in a fast-paced but rewarding role; as an intern, you will be a valued member of our team. We are looking for a fast learner, who is full of ideas, and who can work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
Candidates should have excellent writing and research skills as well as an understanding of digital journalism and social media. You are a reader of Hole & Corner and other independent magazines and have an interest in design, making, and sustainability.
The job involves assisting the online team with all editorial content production, social media and newsletters.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Building articles in CMS for online publication
· Finding relevant stories for Holeandcorner.com
· Researching and occasionally writing original articles
· Scheduling and writing social media posts
· Assisting with creating and scheduling newsletters
· Assisting with day-to-day administration
Skills & Requirements:
· Interest in design, craftsmanship, and sustainability is essential
· Understanding of the brand and all its platforms (digital, print, and social)
· Basic understanding of using social media scheduling tools and analytics
· Basic understanding of Photoshop and InDesign
· Strong writing and researching skills
· Writing experience for an online or print publication is a bonus but not essential
We will cover travel and lunch expenses.
To apply please send your CV, a brief cover letter, a short sample of your writing (or a link to a piece of writing), and a story idea you think would fit Hole & Corner to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Editorial intern submission.
We kindly ask for you to clearly indicate your availabilities in the email.